Once upon a time in a meeting dubbed “concept-y party,” The Unicorn of Meaning descended upon SmallBox. No, really. True story. See what I mean:
This project actually hasn’t wrapped yet so I won’t go into the full details, but these sticky notes are for a video we’re working on. Those stickies shown above represent just a few of the ideas our team (Mayowa, Sarah, Lydia, Elizabeth, Teresa and myself) brainstormed during our session. You may be able to tell from looking at the stickies that this meeting was just plain fun. Here’s why:
- We covered our eyes and blindly aimed nerf guns toward posters of different brainstorming techniques. Whichever ones we hit with our nerf bullets would be the methods we used for concepting.
- We may have rigged the deal to make sure we ended up using the “Make a jingle about your challenge” technique.
- We sang. We danced. Allegedly, there was a twerking incident that nearly resulted in a neck injury.
- One by one, our other co-workers were drawn to our boisterous laughter. We told them they could stay if they wanted to see what the fuss was all about, but that they had to sing too.
- The Unicorn of Meaning was almighty and magical. Its mere presence made this become a thing:
(This was actually at the Think Kit launch party. The Unicorn approves of Think Kit!)
p.s. If your meetings are boring, feel free to steal some of these ideas.
p.p.s. I NEVER thought I’d write the word twerk in my blog.
p.p.p.s. NEVER say NEVER.